Objectives of LF Edge Industry Solution Showcase:
The LF Edge Industry Solution Showcase was initiated by LF Edge SPC, and is currently being lead by LF Edge TAC with the support and participation of LF Edge staff and community.
The objectives of the program are:
- To promote LF Edge projects and increase adoption
- To demonstrate how LF Edge project-based solutions solve real world problems
To help identify solution gaps for the LF Edge developer community and seek support
- To help project developers build a stronger business case for their sponsor's investment in their project
- To help increase user adoption for LF Edge projects by providing repeatable patterns, increasing participant eminence, and driving project awareness
- To provide inspiration for more innovative projects under LF Edge
Requirements of LF Edge Industry Solution Showcase:
To ensure quality and consistency of each showcase, please provide the following required content in order to be qualified as "In operation (ready to show) "showcase.
For those showcases that are not ready (don't have sufficient content for the following requirements, please put your showcase under the "In pipeline" area, and we'd be happy to move your showcase whenever you're ready.
- Title of the showcase (only official LF Edge projects can be listed on the title)
- Owner/Leader(s) of the showcase
- LF Edge projects involved (minimum 1 LF Edge project need to be in the showcase)
- The solution needs to “solve” an industry problem, which needs to be clearly stated in the “description” section of the showcase
- Please provide solution architecture and any additional technical information that you want to provide in the "description" section of the showcase
- The solution doesn’t need to be “production ready”, but the solution needs to be “demo-able”/”deployable”, and currently exists in a lab. I.e. a POC that can be started by anyone in the community or a video demos the solution
- Only official LF Edge projects can be listed in the title. Other projects, software/hardware products/technologies to round up the solution can be listed in the “Description” section
- How to install/use
- Current Adopters
- Minimum one user endorsement. Pls provide the enterprise or organization name. Alternatively, a description of the user can be provided if the user doesn't want to publish their company name. Example - A telco in UK,
- The user doesn’t need to be a customer of the solution, but they need to show interest and participate in the solution building effort.
- A service provider who is packaging the solution as part of their commercial solution/service offering can be qualified as an “user”
- Video/presentation (provide a video or a .ppt of the demo)
- Related talks/links
- Call to action (if you need more developers, resources, user endorsement, etc. please leave contact information)
Smart Edge Open(OpenNESS) for O-RAN
Owner: Keesang Song firstname.lastname@example.org
LF Edge project(s) involved:
Magma, ORAN, EVE (not confirmed, under evaluation by Michael Maxey)
To make available as a Smart Edge Open application a ready-to-use, downloadable O-RAN test / demo
OSC (O-RAN Software Community) is missing certain software components. Possibly Smart Edge Open(OpenNESS) can fill in these components
Currently in OSC there are solid implementations of Near RT RIC, Non RT RIC, and underlying O-Cloud support. However, key network elements are missing open source support, including:
O-CU – Radisys commercial binary in use in OSC F-release
O-DU – Open source O-DU-high is implemented in OSC, but the O-DU-low was using closed-source FlexRAN from Intel from the beginning, Consider OAI (OpenAirInterface 5G) Eurocomm group to make O-DU-Low-PHY stack available from open source library along with other 5G E2E SW stack
O-RU – For O-RU simulator, currently a Viavi TM500 in OSC community lab
To enable end-to-end demo and test/measurement setups, it’s important to figure out a way to have a full, end-to-end O-CU/O-DU/O-RU combination in place.
Call to action:
- Weekly Meetings
- Thursdays, 5pm to 6pm Pacific Time USA
- LF Edge Industry Solution Showcase: Smart Edge Open(OpenNESS) for O-RAN
- LF Edge Calendar : email@example.com | Calendar
- Meeting note link : https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Pbu06x27OIWRKbjnVfMi6cuCviQAmRQnVrAAdnHzYY/edit?usp=sharing
- Small group sync up @OneSummit : https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/b2xvjEJe
- O-RAN Fall Plugfest Coordination
- Setting O-CU/O-DU systems in the lab, those could then be used longer term for the showcase demos, as needed LF Edge Community lab.
How to install/use:
Current Adopters (or vaguely describe the adopter such as a major telco provider):