Help Us Improve the Wiki
This Wiki is owned by the Home Edge Community. Contributions are always welcomed to help make it better!
In upper right, select Log In. You will need a Linux Foundation Account (can be created at https://identity.linuxfoundation.org/) to log-in. For a Wiki tutorial, please see Confluence Overview. Thank you!
Welcome to the Home Edge Project!
Home Edge : Drivers & Enablers
- Smart Home products are now mainstream and need common API, gateway, UI, and lifecycle management.
- AI technologies enabling learning and lifestyle/safety prediction requires local but connected edge computing.
- Real time/low latency requirements increasing as safety, natural disasters and home health become mainstream beyond telecom "triple play".
- Data storage and data privacy increasingly important and require sensitive data closer to home/user.
Smart Home has a great potential to enable new business apps through home edge computing.
Introducing Home Edge Project
Home Edge Project, the seed codes will be contributed by Samsung Electronics, concentrates on driving and enabling a robust, reliable, and intelligent home edge computing open source framework, platform and ecosystem running on a variety of devices at daily home lives. To accelerate the deployment of the edge computing services ecosystem successfully, the Home Edge Project will provide users with an interoperable, flexible, and scalable edge computing services platform with a set of APIs that can also run with libraries and runtimes.
Home Edge Project Scope
- Define use cases, architecture and technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain the features and APIs targeting Smart Home use cases and requirements in a manner of open source collaboration.
- Upstream the core features back to the existing/upcoming projects under LF Edge.
- Connect with Vertical Solutions WG on Smart Home in EdgeX, and Blueprint on Smart Home & Akraino through testbed validation.
- Dynamic device and service discovery at "Home Edge".
- Quality of Service guarantee in various dynamic conditions (e.g. devices On/Off).
- Distributed machine learning.
- Multi-vendor interoperability.
- User privacy and secure services.
Recent space activity