Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

, 8.30AM PT / 3.30PM UTC / 9.00PM IST

Meeting Link: https://zoom.us/j/99182275623?pwd=TTkxSHdtTUNacHg1VmRKYTVxL3VlUT09

Recording

Meeting Recording:
https://zoom.us/rec/share/xPaUsS2847yFNasQ8ixgGvKfAkNiY6Wuea-sJrkKZQYhhsLBdB8D9X6WZ4chBtPG.g_tqWPgAlOpxtxiX

Attendees

John EasterdayChanda B
Randall F Templeton

Mary Abraham 

Benny Davis

Vasavi Vasudevan

Lorenzo King (Bruce)

Goals

  • Integration issues with FDO 1.1
  • Plan for FDO 1.1
  • Improving community engagement

Discussion items

Sl NoItemNotes
1Opens / updates
  • Update Meeting Goals and Objectives
    • Should we keep this meeting or consolidate with Thursday?
      • Lorenzo - Open to either have the meeting or do an adhoc meet as needed. As long as there is a way for IBM to ask code related, deeper technical questions
      • Team has been scheduling adhoc debug sessions as needed
      • No vote needed. 100% agreement in this meeting to cancel this meeting for
      • Chanda to remove the meeting from the LF Edge calendar
      • Will reinitiate the meeting once we have more attendance
2Integration issues with FDO 1.1
  • Lorenzo to setup meeting with IBM product manager and Randy, Vasavi and Chanda
    • To get more info on how long SDO support would be needed
  • IBM is working on moving to FDO 1.1 
    • Integrated with the Demo environment
    • Target production ready by end of Q4, 2022
    • Target Production release will be in Q1, 2023
  • Randy working on setting up an RV server in LF Edge lab (sdo.lfedge.iol.unh.edu (80/443)
    • Done & works
3

Features for FDO 1.1.3

Scheduled for end of Sept 2022

  • MTLS
  • Smaller image for PRI services
  • X5 chain
  • Move from H2 to Maria DB
  • Ubuntu 2204 support
  • Loading key store from file system
  • Self sign certificates will not be allowed by default. Can be done via a config setting
4Steps to improve community engagement
  • Respond to interests and questions on slack
    • Encourage interested people to attend the LF Edge FDO/SDO meetings
  • FDO move to Stage 2 - Proposal at the Thursday meeting
  • Visiting colleges, talking to professors for interest
  • Reach out to other open source projects like Gramine, SGX 

Action items

  • Tushar to provide information about FIDO Alliance Hackathon (to sort out inter operability issues) 
  • Vasavi to provide updates about short-term/long-term roadmap for FDO
  • Randy to check on the feasibility of not using CBOR encoded format always and use CBO diagnostics