- Projects that have publicly documented release cycles and plans for LTS.
- Akraino has very established process for the release cycle. Akraino community delivers release releases are delivered every six months. Each release could have multiple blueprint blueprints addressing different Edge use case. Community continued continues to support the delivered Blueprints for multiple releases.
- Akraino community delivered R1 Release on June 2019with a second release . The second release is under development and targeted to be delivered on November 30, 2019.
- Akraino community has well established process to graduate the Projects from Incubation → Mature → Core. See Graduation Review Criteria.
- Projects that have themselves become platforms for other projects.
- Akraino Blueprints supplies fundamental edge stack needed by any type of Edge applications. Akraino R1 delivered 10 Blueprints for everyone's use.
- Akraino also hosts multiple Feature projects which supplies fundamental building blocks for Blueprints.
- Multiple upstream projects uses Akriano BPs as a platform. e.g., ONF SEBA, O-RAN RIC, Starlingx integration with EdgexFoundry
- Projects that are able to attract a healthy number of committers on the basis of its production usefulness (not simply 'developer popularity').
- To date, Akraino has over 65 contributors; 30 active contributors in the month of September 2019 alone.
- Since Nov 1, 2018, there were almost 1131 commits. Last month (August 2019), there were 110 commits.
- 70% of the premier LF Edge members are actively involved and contributing code to the Akraino community e.g., AT&T, Arm, Baidu, Dell EMC, Ericsson, HP, Huawei, Intel, InwinStack, Juniper, Mobiledgex, Netsia, Nokia, NTT, Qualcomm, Radisys, Redhat, Seagate, Tencent, Windriver
- Committers details can be found at https://gerrit.akraino.org/r/admin/repos