- Presented to the TAC: Scheduled for Wednesday, January 27, 2021
- TAC Project Review: TBD
- TAC Vote Approved: TBD
- Governing Board Vote Approved: TBD
- Web site: https://www.lfedge.org/projects/openhorizon/
- Wiki: https://wiki.lfedge.org/display/OH/Community+Membership
- Analytics: https://insights.lfx.linuxfoundation.org/projects/lfedge%2Fopen-horizon/dashboard
- Communication & support: LF Edge Slack, automatic invite if you have no account there
- NOTE: Open Horizon’s official Slack channels are all prefixed with "open-horizon”
- Mailing Lists and Calendar: https://lists.lfedge.org/groups
- YouTube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgohd895XSUddtseFy4HxCqTqqlYfW8Ix
- Mentorship Program: https://mentorship.lfx.linuxfoundation.org/project/52faa755-1d30-4692-9796-e6bef09fa236
Stage Two: Growth Stage
The Growth Stage is for projects that are interested in reaching the Impact Stage, and have identified a growth plan for doing so. Growth Stage projects will receive mentorship from the TAC and are expected to actively develop their community of contributors, governance, project documentation, and other variables identified in the growth plan that factor in to broad success and adoption.
In order to support their active development, projects in the Growth stage have a higher level of access to marketing and other resources, which will be agreed upon and reviewed on a yearly basis by the TAC and then the Governing Board. A project's progress toward its growth plan goals will be reviewed on a yearly basis, and the TAC may ask the project to move to the At Large stage if progress on the plan drops off or stalls.
At Large requirements:
- Two TAC sponsors to champion the project & provide mentorship as needed
- A presentation at an upcoming meeting of the TAC, in accordance with the project proposal requirements
- The typical IP Policy for Projects under the LF Edge Foundation is Apache 2.0 for Code Contributions, Developer Certificate of Origin (DCO) for new inbound contributions, and Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License for Documentation. Projects under outside licenses may still submit for consideration, subject to review/approval of the TAC and Board.
- Upon acceptance, At Large projects must list their status prominently on website/readme
- Receive a two-thirds vote of all TAC representatives that do not abstain the vote and a majority vote of the Governing Board's Strategic Planning Committee to enter into the At Large Stage.
- Development of a growth plan (to include both roadmap of projected feature sets as well as overall community growth/project maturity), to be done in conjunction with their project mentor(s) at the TAC.
- Document that it is being used in POCs.
- Demonstrate a substantial ongoing flow of commits and merged contributions.
- Demonstrate that the current level of community participation is sufficient to meet the goals outlined in the growth plan.
- Demonstrate evidence of, or a plan for, interoperability, compatibility or extension to other LF Edge Projects. Examples may include demonstrating modularity (ability to swap in components between projects).
- Since these metrics can vary significantly depending on the type, scope and size of a project, the TAC has final judgement over the level of activity that is adequate to meet these criteria.
- Receive a two-thirds vote of all TAC representatives that do not abstain the vote and a majority vote of the Governing Board to move to Growth Stage.
Compliance with Requirements
|Two TAC sponsors|
|Presentation to the TAC||Original presentation deck and recording from March 11, 2020|
|IP Policy: licenses for code and documentation, DCO for contributions|
|List project (Stage One) status on web site or README||Updated LF Edge project page to reference (thanks, Brett!)|
|>= 2/3 approval vote of TAC & majority of Governing Board SPC|
|Used in PoCs|
|Substantial ongoing commits and contributions|
https://tinyurl.com/yykvcfg5 showing commits over the last year. Notice that the diversity of organizations making commits increased quite a bit beginning in the July timeframe, two months after we officially became an LF Edge project. Attached are a few slides showing highlights of 2020 project stats.Chart from
|Growth plan||Growth plan for 2021:|
|Community participation meets growth plan goals|
Growth plan for 2020:
|Evidence of interoperability, compatibility with other LF Edge projects|
|>= 2/3 approval vote of TAC & majority of Governing Board|