Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Key Working Group Facts

Working Group Creation Date: July x, 2020

Working Group Chair: Bruce Potter


Mailing List


Discussion


Meeting Time

  • Management Hub Meetings are open to the public, and are held monthly on the second Thursday at 6:30am PDT (find your local time here)

---- 

Dial-In Info:

LF Edge Working Group 2 is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Open Horizon Mgmt Hub WG Meeting
Time: Oct 8, 2020 06:30 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Every month on the Second Thu, until Nov 14, 2024, 50 occurrence(s)

Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Monthly: https://zoom.us/meeting/tJMlcO-hqTsuHtSb7W2qdXVSZ6r5upQvdYS7/ics?icsToken=98tyKuCvpjwsE9OVtB2HRowEGo_CM_PwtmJbgrdunkjSUTFXWjXFDLRQZ6dvIc7U

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/97876970440?pwd=czM3VS9iaVpIWndZdmZZY2tWVFhaQT09

Meeting ID: 978 7697 0440
Passcode: 506741
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,97876970440# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,97876970440# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
877 853 5247 US Toll-free
888 788 0099 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 978 7697 0440
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abXA2sR2td





Meeting Agendas and Minutes

  • August 13, 2020:
  • August 27, 2020:
    • Agenda:
      • Addition of SDO to the All-in-1 development environment (demo)
      • Github issues with "good first issue" label
      • General discussion (questions, suggestions, etc.)
    • Recording: video (X minutes)
  • September 10, 2020:
    • Agenda:
      • Open discussion and questions
  • November 12, 2020:
    • Agenda:
      • Future goals
      • Open discussion and questions
    • Minutes:
      • Thoughts about mgmt hub goals for the next year:
        • Promote at least 1 person from contributor to committer
        • Recruit additional members to this WG
        • Support mgmt hub services on other architectures (e.g. arm64)
        • Architect integration between open-horizon and adam/eve and fledge
        • Exchange:
          • Swagger schema fixes
          • More info in swagger about special considerations for specific API
          • README improvements for how to build/run development version of exchange
          • Use of redis (or something else) to sync auth info across exchange instances
        • Agbot:
          • Wean it from the /search api to using /changes api, so it can react to changes in the system in a more granular way
        • CSS:
          • Add couch db driver
        • SDO:
          • FIDO version of SDO
  • January 14, 2021:
    • Agenda:
      • Discussion about making the most of this WG:
        • I think both the agbot and CSS components are being covered in the Agent WG?
        • The exchange and SDO management hub components have a pretty high learning curve. How can we encourage developers to contribute to these?
      • Open discussion and questions
    • Minutes:
      • Discussion about making the most of this WG:
        • Sign up as a mentee for first SDO and then Exchange
      • Open discussion and questions:
  • February 11, 2021:
    • Agenda:
      • Open discussion and questions
    • Minutes:
      • Identify more good first issues for management hub components
      • Arm64 support for the management hub?
        • Mongo might have arm64 support. The addition of couchdb will help.
        • Build arm64 docker images and push to docker hub
        • Modify all-in-1 to support arm64
        • Get CSS build out of anax
        • There is an LF Edge lab with some hardware. Contact: LF Community Lab - Ben Courliss
      • Ubuntu 20.x support? Similar considerations.
      • QEMU builds for management hub docker images
      • Docker image manifests will make using multi-arch images more convenient (for management hub, agent, examples)
      • Deploy exchange-api to agents? A central open HA exchange that would have services and patterns that others can use.
      • tinkoosingh asked about uninstalling the all-in-1 deployment. Open-horizon devops issue 27 has been opened for this and he has volunteered to work on it.
  • March 11, 2021:
    • Agenda:
    • Minutes:
      • More all-in-1 issues could be marked "good first issue". Bruce will do that.
      • There will likely be opportunity in the Hashicorp Vault project for more developers to get involved. Once the design is out, and the project broken into github issues, everyone can take a look.
      • Instead of an uninstall script for https://github.com/open-horizon/devops/issues/27 , the functionality can be added to `deploy-mgmt-hub.sh -S -P`
  • April 8, 2021:
    • Agenda:
      • Secure Cloud Services Credentials design
      • Megha working on new exchange GET /orgs/{orgid}/status API and exchange changes for credentials design
      • Review all-in-1 issues and plans
      • General questions and discussion
    • Minutes:
      • There was discussion/questions regarding how to do development and testing of the open-horizon components. Answer: currently you can start with either all-in-1 or e2edev, but ultimately automated tests need to be developed and run in e2edev. There is an effort going on right  now to rebase e2edev on all-in-1.
      • There was discussion/questions about CSS adding couch db support and why it doesn't use postgresql. The couch db support will be in addition to the current mongo db support. Postgresql isn't used because of concerns about very large object support (models).
  • No labels