DRAFT - UNDER REVIEW
To add a new Proposal, you will be creating a new Page.
- In the upper right of the LF Edge Wiki, make sure you are logged in. If you need to create a LF ID, you may do so at https://identity.linuxfoundation.org/
- Select Project Proposals (under LF Edge Projects)
- In the upper toolbar, in blue, select
- For the Page title, use the name of the Proposed Project
- For the content, include information requested in the Sample Proposal
- Select Publish and you should find the new page created below the Project Proposals tab
- Email TAC@lists.lfedge.org notifying the TAC of your new Project Proposal (Subject line: LF Edge - Project Proposal - Project Name), including a link in your email to the Wiki page with your proposal
- Assuming the Proposal has been completed in full, and after review/approval by the Linux Foundation and Board Strategic Planning Committee, a representative from the TAC/Linux Foundation will contact you to schedule you for a presentation at an upcoming TAC meeting.
- A schedule of upcoming TAC presentations is available at Technical Advisory Council (TAC)#ScheduledCommunityPresentations
- After the TAC presentation has been made, a member of the Technical Advisory Council may raise a motion to accept "x" Project under the LF Edge umbrella at "x" Project Stage. Following a second, the TAC will vote to either accept or decline the proposal. If declined, the proposed project's TAC sponsors will work with the prospective project on next steps. If approved, official project on-boarding can begin.
If you need help creating your new Page, and the Project Proposal Template on the page, please email email@example.com