Per the Community Membership page, Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are:
Users, Contributors, Partners, and organizations that come together to address a specified set of use cases – usually industry- or vertical-specific – in a specified location and language.
Open Horizon SIGs are proposed by sponsoring organization and Partners, self-forming, and chartered by approving vote of the TSC. SIGs are designed to:
- identify use cases within an industry or vertical,
- develop end-to-end reference solutions, and
- promote the solutions, use cases, and the group itself.
By way of comparison and contrast, LF Edge's End User Solutions Groups (EUSGs) have a goal to:
- gather user requirements through cross-project discussion with end users and
- generate demos, white papers, and messaging in order to
- prioritize project features and inform project roadmaps.
Open Horizon's SIGs include: